Lucid CEO concerned about chip supplies from China due to COVID-19
FILE PHOTO: CEO Peter Rawlinson speaks with a reporter at the Lucid Motors plant in Casa Grande, Arizona, U.S. September 28, 2021. REUTERS/Caitlin O'Hara
By Hyunjoo Jin
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) -The chief executive of Lucid Group Inc on Wednesday expressed concern about chip supplies from China due to COVID-19 pandemic-related lockdowns, adding that the U.S. electric vehicle startup is taking measures to mitigate the impact.
"My biggest concern probably is semiconductors from China and the impact of COVID in that part of the world," Lucid CEO Peter Rawlinson said at a conference held by the Financial Times.
He said Lucid has distributed the location of chip supplies as part of mitigation measures.
China's "zero COVID" policy has placed hundreds of millions of people across dozens of cities under various degrees of movement restrictions, most dramatically in Shanghai, causing significant economic damage in China and beyond.
Factories in Shanghai that are trying to return to full swing have had their efforts complicated by authorities in the city tightening a lockdown to stamp out outbreaks of COVID-19.
Tesla's plant in Shanghai was running well below capacity earlier this week due to logistical and supply line issues.
(Reporting by Hyunjoo Jin; Editing by Mark Porter and Will Dunham)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lucid Group names first retail partner in the Netherlands
- Wartime election would 'destroy' Ukraine, Zelenskiy says
- ECB chief Lagarde 'ready to serve' WEF, Swiss newspaper reports
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
Management Comments, ReutersRelated Entities
TeslaSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share